Using remote sensing imagery and ground-based observations for integrated assessment of the Kyiv reservoir’s ecosystem services on the basis of analytic hierarchy process
|1Tomchenko, OV |
1State institution «Scientific Centre for Aerospace Research of the Earth of the Institute of Geological Science of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine», Kyiv, Ukraine
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 2014, 20 ;(5):41–49|
|Publication Language: Ukrainian|
We substantiate the possibility of using analytic hierarchy process to assess the ecosystem services of the Kyiv reservoir for the period from 1988 to 2013, combined with interpreted remote sensing imagery and ground-based observations (hydrophysical, hydrochemical, and hydrobiological parameters). A criterial evaluation of the reservoir’s physiognomic and analytical characteristics is given and the reservoir’s state is analyzed through the calculation of their priorities from the positions of maintaining biological diversity and using it for human needs (municipal water supply and hydropower production).
|Keywords: analytic hierarchy process, interpretation remote sensing imagery, reservoir’s characteristics|
1. Bat`kovsky A.M., Korobov S.P., Khrustaliov E.Yu. On one approach to evaluation of versions of restructuring defence-and-industrial complex (an example from aircraft building industy). Economics and Mathematical Methods, 40 (1), 50—68 (2004) [in Russian].
2. Wetlands of the Dnipro River Eco-Conidor. 142 p. (Institute of Ecology INECO, Non-Governmental Scientific Organization; Karadag Nature Reserve of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv, 2010) [in Ukrainian].
3. Katanskaja V. M. Higher aquatic vegetation of inland waters of the USSR. 185 p. (Nauka, Leningrad, 1981) [in Russian].
4. Romanenko V. D. (Ed.) Methods of the hydro ecological research of surface water. 408 p. (LOGOS, Kyiv, 2006) [in Ukrainian].
5. Saaty T. The Analytic Hierarchy Process. 278 p. (Radio i svjaz', Moscow, 1993) [in Russian].
6. Saaty Th.L., Kearns K.P. Analytical Planning. The Organization of Systems. 244 p. (Radio i svjaz', Moscow, 1991) [in Russian].
7. Soloviy I.P., Kuleshnyk T.Ya. Interpretation of ecosystem services concept key terms from the perspective of ecological economic studies at landscape level. Proceedings of the Forest Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. Issue 9, 174—178 (2011) [in Ukrainian].
8. Timchenko V. M., Lynnyk P. M., Holod'ko O. P. et al. Abiotic ecosystem components of the Kyiv water reservoir. 60 p. (Logos, Kyiv, 2013) [in Ukrainian].
9. Fedorovsky A. D., Yakimchuk V. G., Bodnar H. N., Kozlov Z. V. Efficiency evaluation of remote sensing space systems based on hierarchy analysis method. Kosm. nauka tehnol., 11 (3/4), 75— 80 (2005) ) [in Russian].10. Daily G. C. Nature’s services: Societal dependence on natural ecosystems. P. 1—10 (IslandPress, Washington, 1997) [Electronic resource]. Mode of access: http://gcpolcc.org/group/ecosystem-services-team/page/esresources
11. Groot R. S. Functions of nature: Evaluation of nature in environmental planning, management and decision making. 315 р. (Wolters-Noordhoff BV, Groningen, 1992).
12. Saaty T. L. An eingenvalue allocation model for prioritization and planning. (Energy Management and Policy Center, University of Pennsylvania, 1972).
13. Saaty T. L. Multicriteria decision making. The analytic hierarchy process: Planning, priority setting, resource allocation. (University of Pittsburgh, RWS Publications, 1990).