Radiation spectrum of a relativistic electron moving in curved lines of magnetic field
|1Sobolev, Ya.M |
1Institute of Radio Astronomy, NAS of Ukraine, Kharkiv, Ukraine
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 2001, 7 ;(Suppl. 2):089-092|
|Publication Language: English|
Radiation of ultra relativistic charged particles moving with small pitch angles along the spiral trajectory winded around curved magnetic force line is considered. The general radiation formulae, which can reduce to the formulae for either synchrotron or curvature radiation in the limiting cases, have been obtained. When the velocity of cyclotron rotation and the drift velocity are similar it is necessary to take into account the curvature of magnetic force line.
1. Cheng K. S., Zhang J. L. General radiation formulae for a relativistic charged particle moving in curved magnetic field lines: the synchrocurvature radiation mechanism. Astrophys. J., 463 (1), 271—283 (1996).
2. Ginzburg V. L. Theory physics and astrophysics. — M.: Nauka, 1987.—488 p.
3. Landau L. D., Lifshits E. M. The field theory, 504 p. (Nauka, Moscow, 1973) [in Russian].
4. Pankratov I. M. Towards analyses of runaway electrons synchrotron radiation spectra. Fizika Plazmy, 25 (2), 165—168 (1999) [in Russian].
5. Sobolev Ya. M. Towards radiation theory of a relativistic charged particle in curved magnetic field. Radio Physics and Radio Astronomy, 5 (2), 137—147 (2000) [in Russian].
6. Sobolev Ya. M. Drift trajectory and synchrotron radiation of an ultrarelativistic electron moving in magnetic field with curved force lines. In: Voprosi Atomnoj Nauki i Tekhniki. Ser. Plasma electronics and new acceleration methods, No. 2, 27—30 (2000) [in Russian].
7. Sokolov A. A., Ternov I. M. Relativistic electron, 304 p. (Nauka, Moscow, 1983) [in Russian].
8. Ternov I. M., Mikhailin V. V. Synchrotron radiation. Theory and experiment, 96 p. (Energoatomizdat, Moscow, 1986) [in Russian].