Mutual relations of internal coordinate systems of star sensors in the problem of accurate determination of spacecraft orientation
|1Efimenko, NV |
1Research and Production Enterprise SMC «Hartron-Ucom ltd», Zaporizhzhya, Ukraine
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 2013, 19 ;(6):12-17|
|Publication Language: Russian|
We consider the problem of estimating the relative angular position of internal coordinate systems of star sensors for accurate determination of spacecraft orientation. The relative angular position of the internal systems is determined by the comparison of calculated and measured angular distances between stars which were identified with the star sensors. Our algorithm to determine the relative angular position uses guaranteed approach to solving the problem of estimating the state of a dynamic system. A model to determine the relative angular position of internal coordinate systems was developed. Based on the model, a regularized ellipsoidal observer was build for estimating the quaternion determining the relative angular position of the internal coordinate systems. Our results of simulations of the algorithm are given.
|Keywords: quaternion, relative angular position, spacecraft orientation|
1. Efimenko N. V. Investigation of the stability of ellipsoidal observers. Vestnik Har'kov. gos. politehnicheskogo un-ta. No.55, 16—18 (1999) [in Russian].
2. Efimenko N.V., Lucenko N.V. Construction of regularized ellipsoidal estimations in the problem of determining the vector of linear discrete systems with state of the multidimensional output. Radio Electronics, Computer Science, Control No.2, 157— 161 (2006) [in Russian].
3. Efimenko N. V., Novikov A. K. The method of constructing the regularized ellipsoidal observers. 4-a ukr. konf. z avtomatychnogo upravlinnja «Avtomatyka 97». T.4, P.83 (ChITI, Cherkasy, 1997) [in Russian].
4. Efimenko N. V., Novikov A. K. Regularized ellipsoidal observers and their application to the problem of determining the orientation of the spacecraft. Journal of Automation and Information Sciences. No.6, 145—155 (1998) [in Russian].
5. Katargin M. Ju. The mean square estimation and its error algorithm of the orientation of spacecraft.Cosmic Research. 24(6), 826—830 (1986) [in Russian].
6. Sage A.P., White Ch.C. III Optimum Systems Control, 392 p. (Radio i svjaz', Moscow, 1982) [in Russian].
7. Junkins J., White C., Turner J. Star Pattern Recognition for Real Time Determination. J. Astronautical Sci. 25(3), 251—270 (1977).
8. Rupert P. SMART — A three-axis stabilized attitude reference thechnique. J. Spacecraft and Rockets. 8, 1195—1201 (1971).
9. Strikwerda T. E. Real time spacecraft attitude determination by star pattern recognition. AIAA Paper. N 79, P.0254 (1979).
10. Woerkom V., Sonnenschein F. Spacecraft attitude measurement using the ESA starmapper. ESA J. 4(3), 287—294 (1980).