Chaotic motions in the dynamics of space tethered systems. 1. Analysis of the problem
|1Pirozhenko, AV |
1Institute of Technical Mechanics of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and the State Space Agency of Ukraine, Dnipro, Ukraine
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 2001, 7 ;(2-3):083-089|
|Publication Language: Russian|
The determined-chaos phenomenon in the dynamics of space tethered systems is analyzed. A model problem the essence of stochastic regimes of motion in the oscillations of masses in the internal degrees of freedom is formulated. A number of calculus approaches to the phenomenon is considered, and the supposition is made that it is impossible to define the essence of the phenomenon by the mathematical methods traditional for mechanics.
|Keywords: mathematical methods, space tethered systems, stochastic regimes of motion|
1. Alpatov A. P., Belonozhko P. A., Pirozhenko A. V., Shabokhin V. A. Evolution of the rotational motion of two tethered bodies in orbit. Kosmicheskie Issledovaniia, 28 (5), 692—701 (1990) [in Russian].
2. Beletskii V. V., Levin E. M. Dynamics of tethered space systems, 336 p. (Nauka, Moscow, 1990) [in Russian].
3. Lichtenberg A., Liberman M. Regular and Stochastic Dynamics, 528 p. (Mir, Moscow, 1984) [in Russian].
4. Pirozhenko A. V. First approximation calculation for systems with essentially nonlinear oscillatory members. Prikladnaya Matematika i Mekhanika, 57 (2), 50—56 (1993) [in Russian].
5. Alpatov A., Dranovskii V., Khoroshilov V., et al. Research of dynamics of space cable systems stabilized by rotation. 48th International Astronautical Congress. (Turin, Italy, October 6—10, 1997).
6. Misra A. K., Modi V. J., Tyc G., et al. Dynamics of low-tension spinning tethers. Fourth International Conf. on Tethers in Space. (Washington, 10—14 April, 1995).
7. Szemplinska-Stupnicka W. A discussion on necessary and sufficient conditions for steady state chaose. J. Sound and Vibration, 152 (2), 369—372 (1992).
8. Szemplinska-Stupnicka W. A discussion of an analitical method of controlling chaos in Buffing's oscillator. J. Sound and Vibration, 178 (2), 276—284 (1994).