The recurrence of the geomagnetic activity and large-scale magnetic field of the Sun
|1Sumaruk, TP, 1Sumaruk, PV |
1S.I. Subbotin Institute of Geophysics of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 2009, 15 ;(1):57-61|
|Publication Language: Ukrainian|
We investigated the dependence of the geomagnetic activity recurrence expressed by variations at the mit-latitude magnetic observatory «Lviv» during 1964–2006 on the solar activity and the sign of large-scale magnetic field of the Sun. It is shown that the recurrence depends both on the phase of the solar activity cycle and on the sign of the solar dipole magnetic field. The recurrence has its maximum at a solar activity minimum and at the positive dipole magnetic field of the solar north pole.
|Keywords: geomagnetic activity, recurrence, solar activity cycle|
1. Ivanov K. G., Kharshiladze A. F. Dynamics of the open solar magnetic field in 1996-2003 and its features in the zone of the main active longitudes. Geomagn. Aehron., 44 (6), 723– 733 (2004) [in Russian].
2. Makarov V. I., Obridko V. N., Tlatov A. G. The increase in the magnetic flux from the polar regions of the Sun over the last 120 years. Astron. zhurn., 78 (9), 850–864 (2001) [in Russian].
3. Obridko V. N., Golyshev S. A., Levitin A. E. Relation between the structure of the large-scale solar magnetic field in the activity cycles and IMF governing geomagnetic activity. Geomagn. Aehron., 44 (4), 449–452 (2004) [in Russian].
4. Sumaruk P. V., Fel'dshtejn Ya. I. Variability of the ZSE-component of the interplanetary magnetic field at the boundary of the sector structure. Astron. Vestnik, 7, 111–112 (1973) [in Russian].
5. Khviyuzova T. A. Solar sources and types of solar wind streams. In: Fizika okolozemnogo kosmicheskogo prostranstva: Sb. PGI, Vol. 2 (Apatity, 2000) [in Russian].
6. Stamper R., Lockwood M., Wold M.N., Clark T. D .J. Solar causes of the long term increase in geomagnetic activity. J. Geophys. Res., 104, 28325–28342 (1999).
7. Sumaruk T., Sumaruk Yu. The new index of geomagnetic activity. Publications of the Institute of Geophysics Polish Academy of Sciences. Monographic volume, C–99(398), 380–382 (2007).