Contact thermal resistance of capillary structures of heat pipes in heat-exchange systems of spacecrafts and helioenergetics
|1Kostornov, AG, 1Shapoval, AA, 2Frolov, GA, 3Shapoval, IV |
1Frantsevich Institute for Problems of Materials Science , National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
2I.N. Frantsevich Institute for Material Science Problems, NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
3Frantsevich Institute for Problems of Materials Science , National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 2009, 15 ;(1):75-79|
|Publication Language: Russian|
We present our results of experimental research of the influence of characteristics of metal capillary structures (CS) connected with solid heating surfaces in imitation of the operation of heat pipes. The aim of the investigation was to determine the influence of a way of connection of various structures on the value of thermal resistance R in the places of «CS-surface» contact. Our results generalized as empirical formulas are necessary for designing heat pipes of space purpose.
|Keywords: capillary structures, heat-exchange systems, helioenergetics|
1. Kostornov A. G. Permeable Metal Fiber Materials, 127 p. (Tekhnika, Kiev, 1983) [in Russian].
2. Kostornov A. G., Shevchuk M. S., Lezhenin F. F., Fedorchenko I. M. An experimental investigation into the thermal and electrical conductivities of metal fiber materials Poroshkovaja metalurgija, No. 3, 45–49 (1977) [in Russian].
3. Mikheev M. A., Mikheeva I. M. Heat transfer basics, 344 p. (Energia, Moscow, 1976) [in Russian].
4. Semena M. G., Gershuni A. N., Zaripov V. K.. Heat pipes with metal-fibrous capillary structures, 128 p. (Vyscha shcola, Kiev, 1984) [in Russian].
5. Shlykov Yu. P., Ganin Eu. A., and Tsarevsky S. N. Contact thermal resistance, 328 p. (Energia, Moscow, 1977) [in Russian].
6. Singh B. S., Dybbs A., Lyman F. A. Experimental study of the effective thermal conductivity of liquid saturated sintered fiber metal wicks. Int. J. Heat and Mass Transfer, No. 16, 1–12 (1973).
7. Soliman M. M., Grauman D. W., Berenson P. I. Effective thermal conductivity of dry and liquid-saturated fiber metal wicks. ASME Paper, 70, HT/Sp T-40, P. 9 (1970).