Geomagnetic pulsations associated with solar тerminators near Kharkiv city. 1. Spectral analysis
|1Chernogor, LF, 2Shamota, MA |
1V.N. Karazin National University of Kharkiv, Kharkiv, Ukraine
2V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, Kharkiv, Ukraine
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 2009, 15 ;(5):43-51|
|Publication Language: Russian|
The database of geomagnetic pulsations associated with the dawn and dusk terminators near Kharkiv city during the years 2002–2008 in the 1–1000 s period interval was collected and analyzed. The spectral analysis revealed quasi-periodic disturbances caused by the terminators and produced disturbance parameters. The disturbance periods turn out to be in the interval from 9 to 11 min with durations of 45–55 min and amplitudes of 3–5 n T. The response to the dawn and to the dusk terminators shows a delay of 30–40, 80–90 min and of 60–80 min, respectively.
|Keywords: disturbance periods, geomagnetic pulsations, solar тerminator|
1. Antonova V. P., Guseinov Sh. Sh., Drobzhev V. I., et al. Complex experimental investigation of atmospheric waves generated by the solar terminator. Izvestiia AN SSSR, Fizika Atmosfery i Okeana, 24 (2), 134–143 (1988) [in Russian].
2. Burmaka V. P., Kostrov L. S., Chernogor L. F. Statistics of Signals of HF Doppler Radar Probing the Bottomside Ionosphere Disturbed by Rocket Launches and Solar Terminator. Radio Physics and Radio Astronomy, 8 (2), 143–162 (2003) [in Russian].
3. Burmaka V. P., Taran V. I., Chernogor L. F. Ionospheric wave disturbances accompanied by rocket launches against a background of natural transient processes. Geomagn. Aehron., 44 (4), 518–534 (2004) [in Russian].
4. Garmash K. P., Gokov A. M., Kostrov L. S., et al. Radio Wave Investigations and Modeling the Processes in the Ionosphere Disturbed by Sources of Various Nature. 1. Instrumentation and Processes in the Naturally Disturbed Ionosphere. Bulletin of Kharkiv State University. Radio Physics and Electronics, No. 405, 157–177 (1998) [in Russian].
5. Garmash K. P., Leus S. G., Pazura S. A., et al. Statistics of Terrestrial Electromagnetic Field Fluctuation. Radio Physics and Radio Astronomy, 8 (2), 163–180 (2003) [in Russian].
6. Garmash K. P., Leus S. G., Chernogor L. F., Shamota M. A. Geomagnetic field variations accompanying missile launches and the firing of spacecraft orbital maneuvering subsystem thrusters. Kosm. nauka tehnol., 13 (6), 87–98 (2007) [in Russian].
7. Gokov A. M., Gritchin A. I. Influence of the solar terminator on the mid-latitude D-region of the ionosphere and the characteristics of partially reflected KB signals and radio noise. Geomagn. Aehron., 34 (2), 169–172 (1994) [in Russian].
8. Gossard E. E., Hooke W. H. Waves in the Atmosphere, 532 p. (Mir, Moscow, 1978) [in Russian].
9. Lazorenko O. V., Lazorenko S. V., Chernogor L. F. Wavelet analysis in problems of the near-to-Earth space. Kosm. nauka tehnol., 11 (5-6), 22–29 (2005) [in Russian].
10. Lazorenko O. V., Panasenko S. V., Chernogor L. F. The adaptive Fourier transform. Elektromagnitnye Volny i Elektronnye Systemy, 10 (10), 39–49 (2005) [in Russian].
11. Somsikov V. M. Solar Terminator and Dynamics of the Atmosphere, 192 p. (Nauka, Alma-Ata, 1983) [in Russian].
12. Somsikov V. M. Waves in the atmosphere caused by the solar terminator. A review. Geomagn. Aehron., 31 (1), 1–12 (1991) [in Russian].
13. Somsikov V. M. On a generation of an atmospheric turbulence by the solar terminator. Geomagn. Aehron., 32 (3), 55–59 (1992) [in Russian].
14. Somsikov V. M., Troitskii B. V. The generation of disturbances in the atmosphere due to the passage through it of the solar terminator. Geomagn. Aehron., 15 (5), 856–860 (1975) [in Russian].
15. Chernogor L. F. Physics of Earth, Atmosphere, and Geospace from the Standpoint of System Paradigm. Radio Physics and Radio Astronomy, 8 (1), 59–68 (2003) [in Russian].
16. Chernogor L. F. The Earth-Atmosphere-Ionosphere-Magnetosphere as an Open Dynamic Nonlinear Physical System. 1. Nelineinyi Mir, 4 (12), 655–697 (2006) [in Russian].
17. Chernogor L. F. The Earth-Atmosphere-Ionosphere-Magnetosphere as an Open Dynamic Nonlinear Physical System. 2. Nelineinyi Mir, 5 (4), 198–231 (2007) [in Russian].
18. Chernogor L. F. Advanced methods of spectral analysis of quasiperiodic wave-like processes in the ionosphere: Specific features and experimental results. Geomagn. Aehron., 48 (5), 681–702 (2008) [in Russian].
19. Chernogor L. F. Geomagnetic field fluctuations near Kharkov, which accompanied rocket launches from the Baikonur site. Geomagn. Aehron., 49 (3), 403–415 (2009) [in Russian].
20. Chernogor L. F., Shamota M. A. Wave disturbances of geomagnetic field associated with rocket launches from the Plesetsk cosmodrome. Kosm. nauka tehnol., 14 (3), 29–38 (2008) [in Russian].
21. Chernogor L. F., Shamota M. A. Geomagnetic pulsations associated with rocket launches from the China cosmodromes. Kosm. nauka tehnol., 14 (4), 92–99 (2008) [in Russian].
22. Chernogor L. F., Shamota M. A. Geomagnetic pulsations associated with rocket launches from the Canaveral Cape cosmodrome and Couru cosmodrome. Kosm. nauka tehnol., 14 (6), 89–98 (2008) [in Russian].
23. Chernysheva S. P., Sheftel V. M., Shcharenskaia E. G. Electron-density inhomogeneities in the ionospheric valley and internal gravity waves generated during the movement of the solar terminator in the atmosphere. Geomagn. Aehron., 16 (5), 809–814 (1976) [in Russian].
24. Afraimovich E. L. First GPS-TEC evidence for the wave structure excited by the solar terminator. Earth Planets Space, 60, 895–900 (2008).