Variations of relative concentration of atomic oxygen ions in accordance with the solar activity level and their impact on the formation of the ionosphere F1-layer
|1Zhivolup, TG |
1Institute of Ionosphere of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, Kharkiv, Ukraine
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 2010, 16 ;(6):33-39|
|Publication Language: Russian|
A theoretical model of the ionosphere for a height interval from 100 to 200 km is developed and some information on variations of relative concentration of atomic oxygen ions are derived. Electronic concentration height profiles are calculated and dependences of F1-layer maximum height and parameters of interlayer valley F1–F2 on the solar activity level are obtained.
|Keywords: atomic oxygen, ionosphere, solar activity|
1. Antonova L. A., Ivanov-Kholodnyi G. S. The F1 layer. I - Conditions for its appearance and its height. Geomagnetizm i Aeronomiia, 28 (6), 940—944 (1988) [in Russian].
2. Antonova L. A., Ivanov-Kholodnyi G. S. Solar activity and the ionosphere (at altitudes of 100-200 km), 168 p. (Nauka, Moscow, 1989) [in Russian].
3. Antonova L. A., Ivanov-Kholodny G. S., Chertoprud V. E. Aeronomy of the E layer (Accounting for variations in the UV radiation of the Sun and magnetic disturbances), 168 p. (Yanus, Moscow, 1996) [in Russian].
4. Ivanov-Kholodnyi G. S., Firsov V. V. Short-wave solar radiation spectrum at different activity levels. Geomagnetizm i Aeronomiia, 14 (3), 393—398 (1974) [in Russian].
5. Polyakov V. M., Shchepkin L. A., Kazimirovskiy E. S., Kokourov V. D. Ionospheric processes [Ionosfernyye Protsessy], 536 p. (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1968) [in Russian].
6. Bilitza D. International Reference Ionosphere 2000. Radio Sci., 36 (2), 261—275 (2001).
7. Jacchia L. G. Revised static models of the thermosphere and exosphere with empirical temperature profiles. Spec. Rep. N 332. Smithson. Astrophys. Observ. (Cambridge, Mass., 1971).
8. Schunk R. W., Nagy A. F. Ionospheres: Physics, Plasma Physics, and Chemistry, 555 p. (Cambridge atmospheric and space science series, 2000).
9. Stubbe P. The thermosphere and the F-region: a reconciliation of theory with observations. Ionospheric Research Sci. Penn. State University, Rep. N 418, 156 p. (1973).