Geomagnetic pulsations associated with solar тerminators near Kharkiv city. 2. Statistical analysis
|1Chernogor, LF, 2Shamota, MA |
1V.N. Karazin National University of Kharkiv, Kharkiv, Ukraine
2V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, Kharkiv, Ukraine
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 2009, 15 ;(6):14-19|
|Publication Language: Russian|
The statistical analysis of quasi-periodic perturbations produced by solar terminator passage was performed and the main perturbation features were established. The dawn terminators are determined to be associated with perturbations showing delays of Δt1 ≈ 30‒40 min and of Δt2 ≈ 80‒87 min. The perturbations are wave trains with a duration of 45‒50 min and a period of 9‒11 min. The dusk terminators are determined to be associated with perturbations showing delays of Δt ≈ 60‒80 min, periods equal to approximately 9‒11 min, and durations of 50‒60 min. The reference data acquired during quiet time were subjected to the same analysis, which confirmed that the perturbations are associated with the terminators.
|Keywords: quasi-periodic perturbations, statistical analysis, terminator|
1. Burmaka V. P., Taran V. I., Chernogor L. F. Wave-like processes in the ionosphere under quiet and disturbed conditions. 2. Analysis of observations and simulation. Geomagn. Aehron., 46 (2), 209—218 (2006) [in Russian].
2. Garmash K. P., Leus S. G., Chernogor L. F., Shamota M. A. Geomagnetic field variations accompanying missile launches and the firing of spacecraft orbital maneuvering subsystem thrusters. Kosm. nauka tehnol., 13 (6), 87—98 (2007) [in Russian].
3. Gershman B. N. Dynamics of the ionospheric plasma, 256 p. (Nauka, Moscow, 1974) [in Russian].
4. Hudson D. J. Statistics for physicists, 297 p. (Mir, Moscow, 1970) [in Russian].
5. Chernogor L. F. Geomagnetic field fluctuations near Kharkov, which accompanied rocket launches from the Baikonur site. Geomagn. Aehron., 49 (3), 403—415 (2009) [in Russian].
6. Chernogor L. F., Shamota M. A. Wave disturbances of geomagnetic field associated with rocket launches from the Plesetsk cosmodrome. Kosm. nauka tehnol., 14 (3), 29—38 (2008) [in Russian].
7. Chernogor L. F., Shamota M. A. Geomagnetic pulsations associated with rocket launches from the China cosmodromes. Kosm. nauka tehnol., 14 (4), 92—99 (2008) [in Russian].
8. Chernogor L. F., Shamota M. A. Geomagnetic pulsations associated with rocket launches from the Canaveral Cape cosmodrome and Couru cosmodrome. Kosm. nauka tehnol., 14 (6), 89—98 (2008) [in Russian].
9. Chernogor L. F., Shamota M. A. Geomagnetic pulsations associated with solar terminators near Kharkiv city. 1. Spectral analysis. Kosm. nauka tehnol., 15 (5), 43—51 (2009) [in Russian].