Methods and models of space monitoring of effect of the solid domestic waste landfill zones on the environment
|1Sheviakina, NA, 1Trofymchuk, OM, 2Krasovsky, GY, 1Klimenko, VI |
1Institute of Telecommunications and Global Information Space of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
2M.E. Zhukovsky National Aerospace University, Kharkiv, Ukraine
|Space Sci. & Technol. 2019, 25 ;(1):62-72|
|Publication Language: Ukrainian|
In the article, we propose the technology of space monitoring of solid waste landfills. The characteristics of landfills of different classes are presented, as well as the data of reference objects - landfills for municipal solid waste, which are certified and have a monitoring system. The authors proposed a model of automated allocation of the landfill site. This model is developed by criteria of mean, variance, asymmetry and kurtosis. Additionally, the method of decoding winter images was applied. For effective control of the state of the environment in the zone of influence of landfills, it was proposed to solve the issues outlined in the following blocks: identification of the source of impact and survey of the area; determining the direction of propagation of influence, migration paths of pollutants; the rationale for the negative effects on the receptor. For the purpose of spatial modeling of the features of the location of landfills, the direction of propagation of influence, the migration route of pollutants, geographic information systems are involved.
The technology is capable of being an information basis for creating a national register of municipal solid waste, both authorized, acting in accordance with the requirements of current legislation, and unauthorized -- spontaneous landfills. This framework will provide a scientific and economic rationale for making decisions about the prospects for the management of household waste at the regional level, offering an alternative of building waste incineration plants versus the subsequent extraction of land resources. Another aspect of the problem, which is solved by the technology proposed in the article, is information support for environmental safety management solutions at the regional level, as a part of planning activities for the sustainable development of regions.
|Keywords: database, landfills, methods of remote sensing, municipal solid waste, satellite imagery, space monitoring, state records, waste storage site|
1. Lialko V. I., Popov M. O. Multispectral methods of remote sensing of the Earth in the problems of nature use. 358 p. (Kyiv: Nauk. Dumka, 2006)[in Ukrainian].
2. Dovhyi S. O., Lialko V. I., Trofymchuk O. M., Fedorovskyi O. D. Informatization of aerospace geography. 606 p. (Kyiv: Nauk. Dumka, 2001) [in Ukrainian].
3. Hrekov L. D., Krasovskyi H. Ia., Trofymchuk O. M. Space monitoring of land pollution caused by man-made dust. 123 p. (Kyiv: Nauk. Dumka, 2007) [in Ukrainian].
4. Novokhatska N. A., Trofymchuk O. M. Technology inventory of landfills for solid waste by remote sensing of the Earth. Environmental safety and Natural Resources. N 14, 31—40 (2014) [in Ukrainian].
5. Oreshkyna L. V. Detection and recognition of a class of objects in multizone remote sensing images. Informatics. N 2. 79—85 (Minsk, 2005) [in Russian].
6. Cui S. Y., Yan Q., Liu Z. J., Li M. Building detection and Recognition from High Resolution Remotely Sensed Imagery. Proceedings of XXI ISPRS Congress. XXXVII, 411—416 (2008) [in English].
7. Jensen J. R. Remote sensing of the environment: an Earth resource perspective. Prentice Hall (2000) [in English].
8. Trofymchuk O., Trysnyuk V., Novokhatska N., Radchuk I. Geoinformation Technologies in decision issues of municipal solid waste. Journal of Environmental Science and Engineering, А 3, 183—187 (2014) [in English].