Thermal imaging non-destructive method for investigations of transparent thin film heaters
|1Kolomzarov, YV, 1Kravchenko, SL, 1Maslov, VP, 1Zabudsky, VV |
1V.E. Lashkarev Institute of Semiconductor Physics of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 2005, 11 ;(5-6):111-114|
|Publication Language: Ukrainian|
In present-day industry more and more problems on quality testing are solved by thermal imaging method. Modern thermal imagers can not only measure object temperature but also convert it to picture that represents thermal field distribution along the investigated object surface. There are great benefits, especially in the case of transparent thin film heaters quality testing. In this paper some results of temperature distribution investigations by thermal imaging method are discussed. This non-destructive remote testing method is characterized by satisfactory temperature resolution (0.2 K), high productivity and possibility to store and compare obtained results in easy for perception form. The suitability of this method is shown on the example of TN LCDs heater testing.
1. Gosorg G. Infrared Thermography. Fundamentals, Technique, Applications, Transl. from French, 416 p. (Mir, Moscow, 1988) [in Russian].
2. Kolomzarov Yu. V., Maslov V. P., Tolstykh Yu. G., Tsyrkunov Yu. Ya. A liquid-crystal display. Patent No. 4517 Ukraine; published 17.01.2005, Bull. No. 1 [in Ukrainian].
3. Miroshnikov M. M. Theoretical foundations of optoelectronic devices, 237 p. (Mashinostroenie, Leningrad, 1983) [in Russian].
4. Storozhenko V. A., Vavilov V. P., Volchek A. D. Non-destructive quality control of industry products with active thermal method, 189 p. (Tehnika, Kiev, 1988) [in Russian].
5. Comparison of Thin-film and Wire-element Heaters for Transparent Applications. Application Aid \#30, Minco, 07.31.2001 (Minco Products, Inc. Main Office). 7300 Commerce Lane Minneapolis, MN 55432-3177 U.S.A. Available: www.minko.com
6. Kalluri R. Sarma AMLCD Manufacturing for Avionics Application. Inform. Display, 17 (8), 14 (2001).
7. Ho K. P., Lee R. C. H., Law Y. L., Leung C. C. ITO heater: Pat. No. US2002/0089638 Al USA. Publ. 11.07.02.
8. Ohnishi N., Kume Y. Liquid crystal display device, image shifting device, and image display apparatus: Pat. No. US2004/0036834 Al USA. Publ. 26.02.04.