Some characteristics of the 23-rd solar cycle and a role of activity complexes in the evolution of its flare processes
|1Ryabov, MI, 2Lukashuk, SA |
1Odessa Observatory URAN-4 Institute of Radio Astronomy of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Odessa, Ukraine
2Department of Astronomy, Faculty of Physics of the I.I. Mechnikov National University of Odessa, Odessa, Ukraine
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 2010, 16 ;(1):77-85|
|Publication Language: Russian|
We consider the basic properties of the dynamics of the 23-rd cycle of solar activity and a role of complexes of activity (CA) and complexes of active regions (CAR) in its development. It is suggested that the development of solar activity occurs independently in the northern and southern hemispheres in which «latitude» zones of the CA and CAR formation are generated. The most powerful displays of the flare activity are realized with the formation of «longitude» CA reconnecting the activity centers of northern and southern hemispheres. The basic periods of formation of the activity centers for various phases of a solar cycle are determined. Spatial characteristics of the CA and CAR are derived with the use of daily and monthly average values for the Wolf numbers, areas of sunspot groups and flare index.
|Keywords: activity complexes, flare processes, solar activity|
1. Vitinskij Yu. I., Kopetskij M., Kuklin G. V. Statistics of the spot-forming activity of the sun, 296 p. (Nauka, Moscow, 1986) [in Russian].
2. Vitinsky Yu. I., Ol' A. I., Sazonov B. I. The Sun and the Earth's Atmosphere, 352 p. (Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad, 1976) [in Russian].
3. Ishkov V. N. The Sun in the minimum activity of 2005-2006. In: Odessa Astronomical Calendar, 190—199 (Astroprint, Odessa, 2007) [in Russian].
4. Obridko V. N. Sunspots and activity complexes, 256 p. (Nauka, Moscow, 1985) [in Russian].
5. Ryabov M. I. Using the spectrum of millimeter radiation of local sources on the sun as criterion of activity forecast. In: Solar activity, 177—181 (Nauka, Alma-Ata, 1983) [in Russian].
6. Ryabov M. I., Ishkov V. N., Moiseev I. G., et al. The use of data on the millimeter radiation of local sources on the Sun as an indicator of the evolution of the activity center. In: Solnechnye magnitnye polya i korona. Trudy XIII konsul’tativnogo soveschaniya po fizike Solntsa, 239—242 (Novosibirsk, 1989) [in Russian].
7. Atac T., Ozguc A. Flare Index of Solar Cycle 22. Solar Phys., 180 (1–2), 397—407 (1999).