The test of the ground-based segment of the RadioAstron mission. The Simeiz ‒ Pushchino interferometer at wavelengths of 6 and 1.35 cm
|1Volvach, AE, 2Kostenko, VI, 3Larionov, MG, 1Volvach, LN |
1Laboratory of Radio Astronomy, SRI Crimean Astrophysical Observatory, Katsiveli, AR Crimea, Ukraine
2Space Research Institute of the Russian AS, Moscow, Russia
3Astro Space Center of P.N. Lebedev Physics Institute, Moscow, Russia
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 2011, 17 ;(2):45-50|
|Publication Language: Russian|
In accordance with the scientific cooperation between Ukraine and Russia, a series of studies is carried out for the preparation of the operation of the ground segment of the «RadioAstron» mission. We elaborated a scientific program of measurements with the use of the 22-m radio telescope RT-22 of the Crimean Astrophysical Observatory. A substantial part of the program is the investigation of compact structures in extraga-lactic sources as well as the study of structures and the spatial distribution of H2O galactic masers.
To test the model of the ground segment of the «RadioAstron» mission, ground-based VLBI test experiments are conducted jointly with RT-22 of the Crimean Astrophysical Observatory in Simeiz and RT-22 of the PRAO in Pushchino. As a result of data processing with the use of the ASC LPI correlator, amplitudes and phases of cross-correlation functions are obtained and calibrated as well as the available coherence time is estimated. The results of the experiment show that RT-22 of the Crimean Astrophysical Observatory can be used for further joint radiointerferometric sessions, including investigations on the «RadioAstron» project. The modernization of the Simeiz station allowed one to begin systematic and combined polarization researches of star formation regions.
|Keywords: extraga-lactic sources, galactic masers, RadioAstron mission|
1. Volvach A. E. The catalogue of sources for the flight program «Radioastron». Kosm. nauka tehnol., 15 (6), 28—43 (2009) [in Russian].
2. Vol'vach A. E., Vol'vach L. N., Kardashev N. S., Larionov M. G. Studies of sources from the WMAP catalog. Astron. Zhurn., 85 (6), 483—497 (2008) [in Russian].
3. Vol'vach A. E., Kardashev N. S., Larionov M. G. On the study of compact radio sources for the program "Radio Astron". Publications of the Sternberg State Astronomical Institute, 75, 184—185 (2004) [in Russian].
4. Volvach A. E., Kardashev N. S., Larionov M. G., et al. The research of some statistical and spectral characteristics of the radio sources from the RADIOASTRON catalogue at wavelengths of the order of 1mm. Kinematika Fiz. Nebesn. Tel., 23 (3), 174—185 (2007) [in Russian].
5. Vol'vach A. E., Matveenko L. I., Nesterov N. S. Spectral and polarimetric measurements of H2O line 1.35 cm in Orion KL. Izv. Krym. Astrofiz. Obs., 89, 108—110 (1995) [in Russian].
6. Matveenko L. I., Graham D., Diamond Ph. The region of the outburst of H2O maser emission in Orion KL. Pis'ma v Astron. Zhurnal, 14, 1101—1122 (1988) [in Russian].