Feasibility of the ultrasound testing of the first-stage engine of the Zenith rocket carrier. 1.Construction of the physical model of the object to be tested
|1Bezymyannyi, Yu.G, 1Borovik, VG, 2Galas', MI, 1Trefilov, VI, 1Frolov, GA |
1I.N. Frantsevich Institute for Material Science Problems, NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
2Yangel Yuzhnoye State Design Office, Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 2001, 7 ;(5-6):003-007|
|Publication Language: Russian|
We investigated the possibility of revealing a gap in the juncture of the terminal welding junction on the assembled first-stage engine of the Zenith rocket carrier by the non-destructive ultrasound testing methods. The analysis of the construction and structure peculiarities of the materials in the engine part to be tested served as the basis for adopting its efficiency criteria and developing appropriate physical models of the object tested. These models were subjected to a phenomenological analysis, a representation of the engine part to be tested in the terms of the acoustic field parameters was found, and the diagnostic parameters were substantiated.
|Keywords: rocket carrier, the materials structure in the engine, ultrasound testing|
1. Babakov I.M. Oscillations theory, 260 p. (Nauka, Moscow, 1968) [in Russian].
2. Gubarev V. G. Juzhnyj start [Southern Start], 400 p. (Agentstvo NJeKOS, Moscow, 1998) [in Russian].
3. Guz A. N. Elastic waves in bodies with initial stresses. Vol. 2. Propagation patterns, 536 p. (Naukova Dumka, Kiev, 1986) (Vols. 1-2; Vol. 2) [in Russian].
4. Landau L. D., Lifshitz E. M. Theoretical Physics. Vol. 7. Theory of Elasticity, 248 p. (Nauka, Moscow, 1987) (Vols. 1-10; Vol. 7) [in Russian].
5. Aleshin N. P., Belyj V. E., Vopilkin A. H., et al. Methods for monitoring acoustic metal, 456 p. (Mashinostroenie, Moscow, 1989) [in Russian].
6. Sukhorukov V. V. (Ed.) Nerazrushajushhij kontrol' [Unbrakable control]: V 5 kn. Kn. 2. Akusticheskie metody kontrolja [Acoustic methods of control], 283 p. (Vyssh. shk., Moscow, 1991) [in Russian].
7. Troitskii V. A., Rad'ko V. P., and Demidko V. G. Flaws in Welded Joints and Instruments for Their Detection, 144 p. (Vyshcha Shkola, Kiev, 1983) [in Russian].
8. Solid State Physics. Encyclopedic Dictionary: In 2 vols. Vol. 1, 656 p.; Vol. 2, 648 p. (Nauk. dumka, Kiev, 1996-1998) [in Russian].
9. Shutilov V. A. Fundamental Physics of Ultrasound, 280 p. (Izd-vo Leningr. un-ta, Leningrad, 1980) [in Russian].