Optical fiber sensors for heat-protection ablation
|1Gornostaev, GF |
1Frantsevich Institute for Problems of Materials Science of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 2008, 14 ;(3):012-018|
|Publication Language: Russian|
We present some results of the development, tests and application (by the stand investigation of HIM) of optical fiber sensors of heat-insulation materials linear ablation. The methods for measuring and the design of the sensors for the NPO «Energiia» and KB «Novator» (Russia) are described. The technology for manufacturing the ceramic tip equipped with optical fiber ablation sensors is developed. The range of the measurement of the parameters of the sensors which were tested is: Pe= = 0.04...11 MPa, Te= 1100...5000 K, q = 1.6...42 MW/m2, Vy = = 0.2...2 mm/s, Tw= 600...2400 K.
|Keywords: heat-insulation materials, heat-protection ablation, optical fiber sensors|
1. Gornostaev G. F., Frantsevich I. N., Dvernyakov V. S., et al. Optoelectronic thermoerosion material converter: A. s. 236516 SSSR, MKI2 G 01 N 25/38; Zajavl. 05.05.1986; published 00.00.1986, Bull. 6 [in Russian].
2. Walton D. Application of quartz glass for the manufacture of parts of guided projectiles. Vek keramiki (USA), No. 10, 33—37 (1960) [in Russian].
3. Gornostaev G. F. Fiber-optics sensors and prospects for their application in the space programme of Ukraine. Kosm. nauka tehnol., 2 (3-4), 88—94 (1996) [in Russian].
4. Gornostaev G. F., Pasichny V. V., Tkachenko G. V. A method for measurement of the radiation component of thermal flow at ceramic heat-insulation surface. Kosm. nauka tehnol., 12 (2-3), 98—102 (2006) [in Russian].
5. Grabovsky V. R. Instrument-measuring equipment of descent vehicles. Jekspress-inform. Astronavtika i raketodinamika, No. 8, 11—21 (1983) [in Russian].
6. Slezinger I. I. Apparatus for testing the nasal parts of ballistic missiles at the entrance to the dense layers of the atmosphere. Jekspress-inform. VINITI. Ser. Ispytatel'nye pribory i stendy, No. 23, 17—31 (1978) [in Russian].