Variations of ionospheric parameters in disturbance conditions which were detected with Kharkiv noncoherent scattering radar
|1Zakharov, IG, 2Lyashenko, MV, 1Tyrnov, OF |
1V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, Kharkiv, Ukraine
2Institute of Ionosphere of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and Ministry for Education and Sciences of Ukraine, Kharkiv, Ukraine
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 2003, 9 ;(Supplement2):048-052|
|Publication Language: Russian|
Variations of electron density N and of other parameters in midlatitude ionosphere under the influence of tidal and planetary waves are investigated. Data of the midlatitude noncoherent scattering radar (Kharkiv, Ukraine) and worldwide ionosonde net data were used for our analysis. It is shown that the contribution of the tidal waves to variations of N remains high during magnetic storms in spite of enhanced influence of auroral sources upon midlatitude ionosphere. Planetary waves are capable of providing significant (> 40 %) and long-term variations in N (of no less than one month) with a period of about seven days and form the stable features of the spatial distribution of N.
1. Brjunelli B. E., Namgaladze A. A. Ionospheric physics, 528 p. (Nauka, Moscow, 1988) [in Russian].
2. Gossard E. E., Hooke W. H. Waves in the Atmosphere, 532 p. (Mir, Moscow, 1978) [in Russian].
3. Danilov A. D., Morozova L. D. Ionospheric storms in the F2 region - Morphology and physics (Review). Geomagnetizm i Aeronomiia, 25 (5), 705—721 (1985) [in Russian].
4. Zakharov I. G., Lyashenko M. V. Comparison of Experimental and Model Values of Total Electron Content in Ionosphere over Eastern Europe. Radio Physics and Radio Astronomy, 8 (3), 280—287 (2003) [in Russian].
5. Zakharova I. G., Mozgovaya O. L. On thermospheric-ionospheric perturbations under conditions of quiet and perturbed ionosphere. Optika atmosfery i okeana, 15 (12), 1137—1141 (2002) [in Russian].
6. McCormac B. M., Seliga T. A. Solar-Terrestrial Influences on Weather and Climate, 384 p. (Moscow, 1982) [in Russian].
7. Taran V. I. Ionosphere research by incoherent scatter radars in Kharkiv. Bulletin of the Kharkiv State Polytechnic University, Is. 31, 3—9 (1999) [in Russian].
8. Buonsanto M. J., et al. Recent Results of the CEDAR Storm Study. Adv. Space Res., 20 (9), 1655—1664 (1997).
9. Younger P. T., Pancheva D., Middleton H. R., et al. The 8-hour tide in the Arctic mesosphere and lower thermosphere. J. Geophys. Res., 107 (A12), 1420—1431 (2002).
10. Zhang S. P., Goncharenko L. P., Salah J. E. Climatology of neutral winds in the lower thermosphere over Millstone Hill (42.6 N) observed from ground and from space. J. Geophys. Res., 108 (A1), 1051 — 1061 (2003).