Multichannel optical rotary joint with high information bandwidth
|1Shapar, VN, 1Svechnikov, SV, 1Oleksenko, PF |
1V.Ye. Lashkaryov Institute of Semiconductor Physics of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 2003, 9 ;(Supplement2):030-035|
|Publication Language: Russian|
We advance an original technical solution for a multipass optical rotary joint (ORJ) with a fiber-optic compensator made as a bundle of fiber-optic light-guides whose ends are located alternately (forming rings) at the compensator opposite sides. The information carrying capacity of the device is several tens of optical transmission channels, with complete optical isolation between channels. The computer simulation of the device with a compensator made on the basis of multicore fiber-optic bundles of rectangular cross section was performed. We calculated the expected main ORJ specifications as well as determined the extent to which they are affected by various construction parameters of the compensator and other elements. The results of calculation are sufficient for engineering design of the optimal ORJ construction.
1. A. s. 1832395 SSSR, MKI H04 B 10/00; published 07.08.1993, Bull. No. 29 [in Russian].
2. Patent 3.977.793 USA, MKI G 02 B 23/02; published 18.02.1969
3. Patent 4109998 USA, MKI G 02 B 23/02; published 29.08.1978
4. Svechnikov G., Shapar V. Optical rotary connector for transfer of data signals from fiber optic sensors placing on rotary objects. In: Proc. SPIE. Specialty Fiber Optic Systems for Mobile Platforms. OE/FIBERS'91 SPIE International Symp., 1589, 24—31 (1991).
5. Svechnikov S. V., Shapar V. N. Fiber optic rotary joints for non-contact transmission of information to and from rotation equipment. Kosm. nauka tehnol., 6 (4), 40—41 (2000).