Combined use of noncoherent scattering and vertical sounding methods for determination of ionospheric plasma electronic concentration
|1Chernyak, Yu.V |
1Institute of Ionosphere of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and Ministry for Education and Sciences of Ukraine, Kharkiv, Ukraine
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 2003, 9 ;(Supplement2):053-056|
|Publication Language: Russian|
A combined use of noncoherent scattering and vertical sounding methods for the measurement of electronic concentration in ionosphere is considered. The method of vertical sounding is auxiliary. It allows one to reduce significantly the interval of heights in which the electron and ion temperatures ratio can not be determined from measurements. This will enable one to increase the accuracy of electronic concentration measurements below the main ionization maximum during ionospheric perturbations.
1. Lysenko V. N. Measurement of the ionosphere parameters by means of correlation processing of the incoherent scatter signal. Radiophysics and electronics, 7 (1), 82—88 (2002) [in Russian].
2. Mikhailov S. Ya. Ambiguity of the Reconstruction of Plasma Frequency Profiles from a Given Height-Frequency Characteristic and Their Discernibility for Oblique Propagation of HF Radio Waves in an Isotropic Ionosphere. (Irkutsk, 1997) [in Russian].
3. Suni A. L., Tereshchenko V. D., Tereshchenko E. D., Khudukon B. Z. Incoherent scattering of radiowaves in the high-latitude ionosphere. (Kola Science Center AS USSR, Apatity, 1989) [in Russian].
4. Chernyj F. B. To recalculate the height-frequency characteristics of the electron concentration profile. Geomagnetizm i Aeronomiia, 13 (2), 242—248 (1973) [in Russian].
5. Chernyj F. B., Zhivolup T. G. Comparison of VCHH with data of sounding of the ionosphere by the HP method in the presence of a valley and the method of recalculating VCHH in the N (z) profile. Vestnik HPI, 234 (4), 346—348 (1986) [in Russian].
6. Cherniak Yu. V. Measurement of electron concentration in the lower and upper ionosphere with simultaneous determination of the parameters of the upper ionosphere by the method of incoherent scattering. In: Radiofizika i SVCh-jelektronika: Vtoraja khar'kovskaja konferencija molodyh uchenyh. (Kharkov, 2002) [in Russian].
7. Shpynev B. G., Potekhin A. P., Il'in N. V. Methods of processing signals of incoherent scattering of radio waves taking into account the Faraday effect. In: Atmospheric and Ocean Optics, Atmospheric physics: Abstracts of the 8th Joint International Symposium. (Irkutsk, 2001) [in Russian].
8. Hysel D. L. Incoherent scatter experiment at Jicamarca using alternating codes. Radio Science, 35, 1425— 1435 (2000).