On some peculiarities of the light scattered by spatial-limited regions of solar halo of the earth's atmosphere
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 2003, 9 ;(Supplement2):113-116|
|Publication Language: Russian|
The coherence of the light scattered in spatial-limited regions of solar halo is discovered and investigated by an experimental approach. We developed a remote sounding method based on the use of an interferometer with a small angular aperture and of a coelostat. Spatial coherence of the light scattered by solar halo is due to aerosol particles. Some suggestions on application of the coherence of light in aerospace investigations are made.
1. Born M., Wolf E. Fundamentals of Optics, 955 p. (Nauka, Moscow, 1970) [in Russian].
2. Ivanov A. P., Khairulina A. Ya., Khar'kova T. N. Experimental detection of cooperative effects in a scattering volume. Optika i spektroskopija, 28 (2), 380 (1970) [in Russian].
3. Kondratiev K. Ya., Pozdnyakov D. V. Aerosol Models of Atmosphere, 103 p. (Nauka, Moscow, 1981) [in Russian].
4. Kuz’min V. L., Romanov V. P. Coherent phenomena in light scattering from disordered systems. Uspekhi Fizicheskikh Nauk, 166 (3), 247—278 (1996) [in Russian].
5. Panenko V. V., Bulatova O. V. Multifunction scanner for optical measurements with digital control and signal counting. Optiko-meh. prom-st', No. 10, 27—31 (1990) [in Russian].
6. Sitnik G. F. Investigation of the earth atmosphere from the aureols of the sun and moon, 117 p. (Moscow University Press, Moscow, 1985) [in Russian].