Radar observations of wave-like disturbances in ionosphere, associated with space vehicle flights
|1Burmaka, VP, 2Taran, VI, 3Chernogor, LF |
1Institute of Ionosphere of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, Kharkiv, Ukraine
2Institute of Ionosphere of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, Kharkiv, Ukraine
3V.N. Karazin National University of Kharkiv, Kharkiv, Ukraine
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 2004, 10 ;(5-6):113-116|
|Publication Language: Russian|
Wave-like disturbances (WLDs) associated with three launches of heavy rockets from the Baikonur cosmodrome are studied. The action of the rocket launches produces some variations in WLD features as well as in their spectral structure and in their amplitudes.
1. Aburjania G. D., Khantadze A. G. Large-scale electromagnetic wave structures in the ionospheric E region. Geomagnetizm i Aeronomiia, 42 (2), 245—251 (2002) [in Russian].
2. Burmaka V. P., Kostrov L. S., Chernogor L. F. Statistics of Signals of HF Doppler Radar Probing the Bottomside Ionosphere Disturbed by Rocket Launches and Solar Terminator. Radio Physics and Radio Astronomy, 8 (2), 143—162 (2003) [in Russian].
3. Burmaka V. P., Taran V. I., Chernogor L. F. Clustered-instrument studies of ionospheric wave disturbances accompanying rocket launches against the background of nonstationary natural processes. Radio Physics and Radio Astronomy, 9 (1), 5—28 (2004) [in Russian].
4. Kostrov L. S., Rozumenko V. T., Chernogor L. F. Doppler Radar Measurements of the Disturbances in the Bottomside Ionosphere, Associated with Space Vehicle Launches and Maneuvering System Burns. Radio Physics and Radio Astronomy, 4 (3), 227—246 (1999) [in Russian].
5. Sorokin V. M., Fedorovich G. V. The physics of slow MHD waves in the ionospheric plasma, 134 p. (Energoizdat, Moscow, 1982) [in Russian].
6. Taran V. I. A study of the natural and artificially disturbed ionosphere by the incoherent scatter method. Geomagnetizm i Aeronomiia, 41 (5), 659—666 (2001) [in Russian].
7. Taran V. I., Pod#jachij Ju. I., Maksimov A. A. Long-period perturbations of the ionosphere of technogenic origin. In: Ionosfera. Respublikanskij mezhvedomstvennyj nauchno-tehnicheskij sbornik, Is. 1, 32—41 (Osnova, Kharkov, 1991) [in Russian].
8. Adushkin V. V., Kozlov S. I., Petrov A. V. (Eds) Ecological Problems and Risks at Rocket and Space Technique Impact on the Environment, 640 p. (Ankil, Moscow, 2000) [in Russian ].
9. Noble S. T. A Large-Amplitude Traveling Ionospheric Disturbance Extited by Space Shuttle During Launch. J. Geophys. Res., 95, 19037—19044 (1990).
10. Pokhotelov O. A. Parrot M., Fedorov E. N., et al. Response of the ionosphere to natural and man-made acoustic sources. Ann. Geophysicae, 13 (11), 1197—1210 (1995).