The Geocosmos project for the Ukrainian Junior Satellite
|1Ivchenko, VM, 1Kozak, LV, 2Venediktov, Yu.I, 3Zbruts'kyi, OV, 4Korepanov, VYe., 5Kryuchkov, EI, 5Lizunov, GV, 4Lukeniuk, AA, 5Fedorenko, AK |
1Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Kyiv, Ukraine
2Odesa National Polytechnic University, Odesa, Ukraine
3National Technical University of Ukraine «Kyiv Polytechnic Institute», Kyiv, Ukraine
4L’viv Centre of the Space Research Institute of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and the State Space Agency of Ukraine, L’viv, Ukraine
5Space Research Institute of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and the State Space Agency of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 2004, 10 ;(5-6):017-020|
|Publication Language: Ukrainian|
A project of scientific experiments onboard the Ukrainian Junior Satellite (UJS) is proposed. The UJS creation and launch are provided in accordance with the National Space Program of Ukrfor 2003–2007. The purpose of our project is fundamental researches in field of ionospheric physics and the elaboration of some methods for near-Earth space monitoring. Novelty in the project is the use of UJS for the direct detection of ionosphere response to natural and man-caused influences from below (ecological monitoring). The proposed complex of devices onboard UJS includes electromagnetic field and ionosphere-particle detectors and also TV aine and spectrometer devices for observations of both meteorological structures (cyclones, frontal zones) and disturbances on ground/ water surfaces. The complex of devices under consideration can be used not only for solving scientific problems of the project but also for carrying out the Earth remote sensing. Most of the devices have their prototypes worked out for the projects «Interball», «Prediction», and «Variant».
1. Grimalsky V. V., Ivchenko V. N., Lizunov G. V. Satellite observations of ionospheric earthquake precursors. Kosm. nauka tehnol., 6 (2-3), 21—30 (2000) [in Russian].
2. Danilov A. D., Kazimirovsky E. S., Vergasova G. V., Khachikyan G. Ya. Meteorological effects in the ionosphere, 271 p. (Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad, 1987) [in Russian].
3. Chernogor L. F. Energetics of the processes occurring on the Earth, in the atmosphere and near-earth space in connection with the project "Early warning". Kosm. nauka tehnol., 5 (1), 38— 47 (1999) [in Russian].
4. Francis S. H. Global propagation of atmospheric gravity waves: a review. J. Atmospheric and Terrestrial Phys., 37, 1011 — 1054 (1975).
5. Galperin Yu. I., Hayakawa M. On the magnetospheric effects of experimental ground explosions observed from AUREOL-3. J. Geomag. Geoelectr., 48, 1241 — 1263 (1996).
6. Georges T. M. HF Doppler studies of traveling ionospheric disturbances. J. Atmospheric and Terrestrial Physs., 30, 735—746 (1968).
7. Gokhberg M. B., Nekrasov A. K., Shalimov S. L. A new approach to the problem of lithosphere-ionosphere coupling before the earthquake. In: Hayakawa M., Fujinawa Y. (Eds) Electromagnetic phenomena related to earthquake prediction, 619—626 (TERRAPUB, Tokyo, 1994).
8. Hines C. O. Internal gravity waves at ionospheric heights. Can. J. Phys., 38, 1441 — 1481 (1960).
9. Hocke K., Schlegel K. A review of atmospheric gravity waves and travelling ionospheric disturbances: 1982—1995. Ann. Geophys., 14, 917—940 (1996).
10. Tronin A. A. Satellite thermal survey application for earthquake prediction. In: Hayakawa M. (Ed.) Atmospheric and ionospheric electromagnetic phenomena associated with earthquakes, 717—746 (TERRAPUB, Tokyo, 1999).
11. Tronin A. A. Atmosphere-lithosphere coupling. Thermal anomalies on the Earth surface in seismic processes. In: Hayakawa M., Molchanov O. A. (Eds) Seismo Electromagnetics: Lithosphere-Atmosphere-Ionosphere Coupling, 173—176 (TERRAPUB, Tokyo, 2002).