Clinorotation effect on the transformation from etyoplasts to chloroplasts for barley seedlings
|1Adamchuk-Chala, NI |
1M.G. Kholodny Institute of Botany of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 2004, 10 ;(5-6):208-210|
|Publication Language: Ukrainian|
The clinorotation effect on the plastide substructure characteristics of greening barley seedlings of the variety «Zorianyi» is investigated. A comparison analysis of dynamic changes in clinorotated greening seedlings and in control ones showed the following: the volume of plastides decreased, the developing of prolamellar body and shorting of lamellae length under greening during 1 h and 3 h take place. Chloroplasts were formed only in the cells of the control variant on greening for 6 h. Possible mechanisms of the delay of transformation from etyoplasts and etyochloroplasts to chloroplasts are discussed.
1. Adamchuk N. I. Arabidopsis thaliana cv columbia cotyledon family structure in terms of fabrication. Ukr. botanichnyj zhurn., 52 (5), 605—610 (1995) [in Ukrainian].
2. Adamchuk-Chala N. I. Influence of clinorotation on the photomembranes of 7-days Arabidopsis thaliana (L.) Heynh. seedlings. Kosm. nauka tehnol. Dodatok, 9 (2), 44—47 (2003) [in Russian].
3. Galston A. W., Davies P. J., Satter R. L. The Life of the Green Plant, 552 p. (Mir, Moscow, 1983) [in Russian].
4. Nedukha E. M., Kordyum E. L., Filippenko V. N., Chuchkin V. G. Microgravity influence on cell wall in above-ground organs of seedlings Impatiens balsamine L.: Rukopis' dep. v VINITI; No. 137-B-91, 22 p. (Moscow, 1991) [in Russian].
5. Syvash O. O., Adamchuk N. I., Povkhan M. F., et al. nfluence of microgravity on growth and synthesis of pigments of ethylated barley germs. Nauk. visnyk NAU, 32, 165—170 (2000) [in Ukrainian].
6. Frey-Wyssling A., Muhlethaler K. Ultrastructural plant cytology, 408 p. (Mir, Moscow, 1968) [in Russian].
7. Hoson T., Soga K., Mori R., et al. Morphogenesis of rice and arabidopsis seedlings in space. J. Plant Res., 112, 477—486 (1999).
8. Kota Z., Hovath L. I., Droppa M., et al. Protein assembly and heat stability in developing thylakoid membranes during greening. PNAS, 99 (19), 12149—12154 (2002).
9. Kutchera U. The biophysical basis of cell elongation and organ maturation in coleoptiles of rye seedlings: implications for shoot development. Plant Biology, 6, 158—164 (2004).
10. Ueda J., Miyamoto K., Yuda T. Growth and development, and auxin polar transport in higher plant under microgravity conditions in space: BRIC-AUX on STS-95 Space Experiment. J. Plant Res., 112, 487—492 (1999).
11. Weier T. E., Brown D. L. Formation of the prolamellar body in 8-day, dark-grown seedlings. Amer. J. Bot., 57 (3), 267 (1970).