Some features of thermospheric-ionospheric disturbances during the transition from calm to disturbed conditions according to the data of the Kharkov Radar NR
|1Zakharov, IG, 2Brain, OL, 2Taran, VI, 3Tyrnov, OF |
1V.N. Karazin National University of Kharkiv, Kharkiv, Ukraine
2Institute of Ionosphere of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, Kharkiv, Ukraine
3V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, Kharkiv, Ukraine
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 2002, 8 ;(Supplement2):152-158|
|Publication Language: Russian|
Using the data of incoherent scattering (Institute of the Ionosphere, Kharkov), the response of the ionosphere to magnetic storms of different intensity was investigated. It is established that the amplitude of the response is complexly related to the intensity of the storm. The most likely reason for such behavior of the ionosphere is the state of the thermosphere before the start of the disturbance. The role of tidal and planetary waves is also considered.
1. Buonsanto M. J., et al. Recent Results of the CEDAR Storm Study. Adv. Space Res., 20, 1655-1664 (1997).
2. Fuller-Rowell T. J., Codrescu M. V., et. al. On the Seasonal Response of the Thermosphere and Ionosphere to Geomagnetic Storms. J. Geophys. Res., 101, 2343-2353 (1996).
3. Prölss G. W. Storm-induced changes in the thermospheric composition at middle latitudes. Planet. Space Sci., 35, 807-811 (1987).
4. Schunk R. W., Sojka J. J. Ionosphere-Thermosphere Space Weather Issues. J. Atmos. Terr. Phys., 58, 1527-1574 (1996).
5. Danilov A. D., Morozova L. Ionospheric storms. Morphology, physics, forecast. In: Ionospheric-Magnetic Service. (Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad, 1987) [in Russian].
6. Codrescu M. V., Fuller-Rowell T. J., Kutiev I. S. Modeling the F Layer During Specific Geomagnetic Storms. J. Geophys. Res., 102, 14315-14329 (1997).
7. Taran V. I. Ionosphere research by incoherent scatter radars in Kharkiv. Bulletin of the Kharkiv State Polytechnic University, Is. 31, 3-9 (1999) [in Russian].
8. Pulyaev V. A. Processing and presentation of the incoherent scatter data. Bulletin of the Kharkiv State Polytechnic University, Is. 31, 84-86 (1999) [in Russian].
9. Salah J. E., Evans J. V., et al. Comparison of exospheric temperatures at Millstone Hill and St-Santin. Ann. Geophys., 32, 257-266 (1976).
10. Hedin A. E. MSIS-86 thermospheric model. J. Geophys. Res., 92, 4649-4657 (1987).
11. Mendillo M., Klobuchar J. A. Investigations of the Ionospheric F Region Using Multistation Total Electron Content Observations. J. Geophys. Res., 80, 643-650 (1975).
12. Brjunelli B. E., Namgaladze A. A. Ionospheric physics, 528 p. (Nauka, Moscow, 1988) [in Russian].
13. Zakharov I. G., Tyrnov O. F. On the Causes of Day-To-Day Variations in the Mid-Latitude Ionospheric F2 Region Electron Density. XXVIIth General Assembly of the URSI, Maastricht, the Netherlands, 17-24 Aug. 2002, Comission G, Abstracts GP2 P.1 (2002).
14. Gossard E. E., Hooke W. H. Waves in the Atmosphere, 532 p. (Mir, Moscow, 1978) [in Russian].
15. Space data. Bulletin (1980) [in Russian].