Study of temperature fields and hydrodynamic flows in an ampoule during crystallization according to the Bridgman method
|1Klimenko, Yu.A, 1Ladikov-Roev, Yu.P, 1Salnikov, NN, 1Tkachenko, VA, 1Cheremnykh, OK |
1Space Research Institute of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and the State Space Agency of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 2002, 8 ;(Supplement2):338-354|
|Publication Language: Russian|
The main processes occurring during directional solidification according to the Bridgman method in a cylindrical ampoule under microgravity conditions are considered. The influence of the heterogeneity of the temperature gradient, thermal convection and the movement of the ampoule on the shape of the crystallization front has been studied. An algorithm for changing the temperature of the refrigerator to obtain a flat crystallization front is proposed.
1. Gershuni G. Z., Zhukhovitskii E. M. Convective Stability of Incompressible Fluid, 392 p. (Nauka, Moscow, 1972) [in Russian].
2. Ladikov Yu. P. Stabilization of Processes in Continuous Media, 432 p. (Nauka, Moscow, 1978) [in Russian].
3. Landau L. D., Lifshits E. M. Theoretical Physics. Vol. 6. Hydrodynamics, 736 p. (Nauka, Moscow, 1986) [in Russian].
4. Loitsianskii L. G. Fluid and gas mechanics, 904 p. (Nauka, Moscow, 1970) [in Russian].
5. LaCombe J. C., Koss M. B., Tennenhouse L. A., et al. The Clapeyron effect in succinonitrile: application to crystal growth. J. Crystal Growth, 194, 143-148 (1998).
6. Lan C. W., Yang Y. W., Tu C. Y. Reversing radial segregation and suppressing morphological instability during vertical Bridgman crystal growth by rotation. J. Crystal Growth, 235, 619-625 (2002).
7. Laxmanan V. The impurity effect in the space shuttle dendritic growth experiments with succinonitrile. Materials Research Bulletin, 6, 867-875 (1998).
8. Liu S., Mazumder P., Trivedi R. A new thermal assembly design for the directional solidification of transparent alloys. J. Crystal Growth, 240, 560-568 (2002).
9. Qian X. W., Cummins H. Z. Dendritic sidebranching initiation by a localized heat pulse. Physical Review Letters, 64, 3038-3041 (1990).