Comparison of the data of the Kharkov incoherent scatter radar with the international reference ionosphere model IRI-2001
|1Dzyubanov, DA, 1Lysenko, VN, 1Taran, VI |
1Institute of Ionosphere of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, Kharkiv, Ukraine
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 2002, 8 ;(Supplement2):110-119|
|Publication Language: Russian|
The data on electron concentration and temperatures of charged particles obtained in Kharkov are compared with the new edition of the international reference ionospheric model IRI-2001. An example of the use of the IRI model for calculating the error in determining the parameters of an ionospheric plasma when measured by the method of incoherent scattering is shown.
1. Bilitza D. International Reference Ionosphere 2000. Radio Science, 36 (2), 261-275 (2001).
2. Swartz W. E., and Farley D. T. A theory of incoherent scattering of radio waves by a plasma. 5. The use of the Nyquist theorem in general quasi – equilibrium situations. J. Geophys. Res., 84, 1930-1932 (1979).
3. Lysenko V. N. Dynamic distortions of the incoherent scatter signal. In: Ionosphere. The republican interdepartmental scientific and technical collection, Is. 1, 102-110 (1991) [in Russian].
4. Holt J. M., Rhoda D. A., Tetenbaum D., van Eyken A.P. Optimal analysis of incoherent scatter radar data. Radio Science, 27 (3), 435 – 447 (1992).
5. Lysenko V. N. Measurement of the ionosphere parameters by means of correlation processing of the incoherent scatter signal. Radiophysics and electronics, 7 (1), 82–88 (Institute of Radio Physics and Electronics, NAS of Ukraine, Kharkov, 2002) [in Russian].