Measurement of electron concentration in the lower ionosphere by the method of incoherent scattering
|1Chernyak, Yu.V |
1Institute of Ionosphere of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and Ministry for Education and Sciences of Ukraine, Kharkiv, Ukraine
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 2002, 8 ;(Supplement2):180-183|
|Publication Language: Russian|
The possibility of measuring the electron concentration in the lower ionosphere by the method of incoherent scattering with simultaneous measurement of a number of parameters of the ionospheric plasma at high altitudes is considered, and a description of its experimental implementation on the Kharkov incoherent scatter radar is presented.
1. Evans J. Theoretical and practical issues to investigate the ionosphere by means of incoherent scattering of radio waves. Proceedings of the IEEE, 57 (4), 139–145 (1969) [in Russian].
2. Pulyaev V. A. Processing and presentation of the incoherent scatter data. Vestn. KhGPU: Sb. nauch. tr., Is. 31, 125 p. (KhGPU, Kharkov, 1999) [in Russian].
3. Rogozhkin E. V. Optimization of the probing signal in the study of the structure and dynamics of the ionosphere by the method of incoherent scattering. In: XIV All-Russian Conference on Radio Propagation: Abstracts, pt. 1, 108–109 (Moscow, 1984) [in Russian].
4. Brjunelli B. E., Namgaladze A. A. Ionospheric physics, 528 p. (Nauka, Moscow, 1988) [in Russian].
5. Emel'yanov L. Ya. Incoherent scatter measurement of the electron density altitude profiles. Geomagnetizm i Aeronomiia, 42 (1), 116–120 (2002) [in Russian].