Doppler radio sounding of disturbances in the E and F regions of the ionosphere during launches and flights of spacecraft
|1Kostrov, LS, 1Rozumenko, VT, 2Chernogor, LF |
1V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, Kharkiv, Ukraine
2V.N. Karazin National University of Kharkiv, Kharkiv, Ukraine
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 2002, 8 ;(Supplement2):132-143|
|Publication Language: Russian|
As a result of a statistical analysis of variations in the Doppler spectra that accompanied 126 rocket launches, four groups of apparent propagation velocities of disturbances were identified: 0.5–0.8, 1–6, 7–9, and 15–20 km / s. Acoustic-gravitational (first group), slow magnetohydrodynamic and magnetogradient (second group), and also gyrotropic waves (third and fourth groups) are associated with them.
1. Booker H. G. A local reduction of F-region ionization due to missile transit. J. Geophys. Res., 66 (A4), 1073 - 1079 (1961).
2. Mendillo M., Hawkins G. S., Klobuchar J. A. A sudden vanishing of the ionospheric F region due to the launch of Skylab. J. Geophys. Res., 80 (6), 2217 - 2228 (1975).
3. Karlov V. D., Kozlov S. I., Tkachev G. N. Large-scale disturbances of the ionosphere occurring during the flight of a rocket with a working engine. Kosmicheskie Issledovaniia, 18 (2), 266-277 (1980) [in Russian].
4. Mendillo M. Rocket exhaust effects as active space plasma experiments of opportunity. Proc. Int. Symp. Active Exp. Space, 285 - 292 (Paris, 1983).
5. Bernhardt P. A. A critical comparison of ionospheric depletion chemicals. J. Geophys. Res., 92 (A5), 4617 - 4628 (1987).
6. Mendillo M. Ionospheric holes: A review of theory and recent experiments. Adv. Space Res., 8 (1), 51 - 62 (1988).
7. Nagorskii P. M., Tarashchuk Yu. E. Artificial modification of the ionosphere by launches of rockets which space vehicles into orbit. Izv. vuzov. Fizika, 36 (10), 98 - 107 (1993) [in Russian].
8. Nagorskii P. M. Rocket-produced irregularities in the ionospheric F-region. Geomagnetizm i Aeronomiia, 38 (2), 100 - 106 (1998) [in Russian].
9. Nagorsky P. M. Analysis of the response of an HF radio signal to ionospheric plasma disturbances caused by acoustic shock waves. Izv. vuzov. Radiofizika, 42 (1), 36 - 44 (1999) [in Russian].
10. Nagorskii P. M., Kozlov S. I. Ionospheric disturbances produced by the explosion of the Soyuz launcher in the middle atmosphere. Kosmicheskie Issledovaniia, 38 (4), 363 - 368 (2000) [in Russian].
11. Chernogor L. F., Garmash K. P., Kostrov L. S., et al. Perturbations in the ionosphere following U.S. powerful space vehicle launching. Radio Physics and Radio Astronomy, 3 (2), 181 - 190 (1998).
12. Garmash K. P., Rozumenko V. T., Tyrnov O. F., et al. Radiophysical Studies of the Processes in the Near-Earth Plasma Disturbed by High-Energy Sources. Pt. I. Zarubezhnaya radioelektronika. Uspekhi sovremennoi radioelektroniki, No. 7, 3 - 15 (1999) [in Russian].
13. Garmash K. P., Rozumenko V. T., Tyrnov O. F., et al. Radiophysical Studies of the Processes in the Near-Earth Plasma Disturbed by High-Energy Sources. Pt. II. Zarubezhnaya radioelektronika. Uspekhi sovremennoi radioelektroniki, No. 8, 3 - 19 (1999) [in Russian].
14. Garmash K. P., Kostrov L. S., Rozumenko V. T., et al. Global ionospheric disturbances caused by a rocket launch against a background of a magnetic storm. Geomagnetizm i Aeronomiia, 39 (1), 72 - 78 (1999) [in Russian].
15. Kostrov L. S., Rozumenko V. T., Chernogor L. F. Doppler Radar Measurements of the Disturbances in the Bottomside Ionosphere, Associated with Space Vehicle Launches and Maneuvering System Burns. Radio Physics and Radio Astronomy, 4 (3), 227-246 (1999) [in Russian].
16. Sorokin V. M., Fedorovich G. V. The physics of slow MHD waves in the ionospheric plasma, 136 p. (Energoatomizdat, Moscow, 1982) [in Russian].
17. Khantadze A. G. A new type of natural oscillations in conducting atmosphere. DAN, 376 (2), 250 - 252 (2001) [in Russian].
18. Burmaka V. P., Kostrov L. S., Chernogor L. F. Statistics of Signals of HF Doppler Radar Probing the Bottomside Ionosphere Disturbed by Rocket Launches and Solar Terminator. Radio Physics and Radio Astronomy, 8 (2), 143-162 (2003) [in Russian].