Solar-cyclic variations in the concentration of hydrogen ions in the outer ionosphere
|1Bogovsky, VK, 1Grigorenko, Ye.I, 1Taran, BI |
1Institute of Ionosphere of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, Kharkiv, Ukraine
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 2002, 8 ;(Supplement2):164-172|
|Publication Language: Russian|
Using the incoherent scatter radar in Kharkov, studies of solar cyclic patterns in the behavior of the concentration of hydrogen ions n (H +) in the external ionosphere, the height of the transition from the ionosphere to the protonosphere, and the thermal regime of the neutral atmosphere were carried out. It has been established that the character of the altitude distribution n (H +) gives additional information about the change in the solar activity cycle (CA) of the interaction of the ionosphere with the plasmasphere above, as well as the magnetically conjugate ionosphere through the plasmasphere.
1. Taran V. I., Grigorenko Ye. I., Kiyashko G. A. Features of the behavior of hydrogen ions in the outer ionosphere over Kharkov during a period of high solar activity. Vestnik nac. tehn. un-ta «Har'kovskij politehnicheskij institut»: Sb. nauch. tr., Is. 4, 258-260 (2001) [in Russian].
2. Kiyashko G. A., Grigorenko E. I. Specific Altitude-Time Distribution of Hydrogen Ions above Kharkov. Vestn. KhGPU, No. 103, 45-47 (2000) [in Russian].
3. Taran V. I. A study of the natural and artificially disturbed ionosphere by the incoherent scatter method. Geomagnetizm i Aeronomiia, 41 (5), 659-666 (2001) [in Russian].
4. Lysenko V. N. Features of the correlation processing of the HP signal when the ionosphere is probed in the meter range by radio pulses of 800 µs duration. Vestnik Har'kovskogo gosudarstvennogo politehnicheskogo universiteta. Sb. nauchn. trudov. Ionosfera, Is. 31, 90-95 (HGPU, Kharkov, 1999) [in Russian].
5. Krinberg I. A., Tashchilin A. V. Ionosphere and Plasmasphere. (Nauka, Moscow, 1984) [in Russian].
6. Brjunelli B. E., Namgaladze A. A. Ionospheric physics, 528 p. (Nauka, Moscow, 1988) [in Russian].
7. Bauer S. J. Hydrogen and helium ions. Annales de Géophysique, 22 (2), 247-254 (1966).
8. Geisler E., Bowhill S. A. An investigation of ionosphere-protonosphere coupling. Aeronomy Rep., 5 (University of Illinois, Urbana, 1965).
9. Salah J. E., Evans J. V., Alcaydé D., Bauer P. Comparison of exospheric temperatures at Millstone Hill and St-Santin. Ann. Geophys., 32, fasc.3, 257-266 (1976).
10. Hedin A. E. MSIS-86 thermospheric model. J. Geophys. Res., 92, 4649-4662 (1987).
11. Erickson P. J., Taran V. I., Foster J. C., et al. Simultaneous Longitudinal and Latitudinal Topside Light Ion Variations From Kharkov, Millstone Hill, and Arecibo Radar Observations. EOS Trans. AGU, 80 (46), 1999 Fall Meet., F771 (1999).