Frenay – Serre equations for the trajectory of a charged particle in a magnetic dipole
|1Nosov, SF, 1Malovichko, PP |
1Main Astronomical Observatory of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 2002, 8 ;(Supplement2):046-054|
|Publication Language: Russian|
The methods of differential geometry consider the trajectories of charged particles in the field of a magnetic dipole. The parameters of the curvature and torsion of the trajectories of the particles and the trajectories of their leading centers are determined. One of the results of the work that can have important physical applications is the discovered effect of exceeding the mean square frequency of rotation of the Fresnay trihedron relative to the Larmor frequency. This effect is especially pronounced for particles propagating along curved magnetic field lines at a small pitch angle.
1. Alfv´en H., Falthammar C.-G. Cosmical electrodynamics, 260 p. (Mir, Moscow, 1967) [in Russian].
2. Il'in V. D., Kuznetsov S. N., Yushkov B. Yu. Quasiadiabatic motion of energetic particles in a dipole magnetic field: Preprint NIIJaF MGU 92-23/272, 15 p. (Moscow, 1992) [in Russian].
3. Korn G. A., Korn Th. M. Mathematical handbook for scientists and engineers: definitions, theorems and formulas for reference and review, 831 p. (Nauka, Moscow, 1970) [in Russian].
4. Lichtenberg A. J. Phase-space dynamics of particles, 302 p. (Atomizdat, Moscow, 1972) [in Russian].
5. Northrop T. Adiabatic Theory of Charged Particle Motion, 127 p. (Atomizdat, Moscow, 1967) [in Russian].
6. Nosov S. F. The drift Hamiltonian and limits of its application in a dipole magnetic field. Kinematika i Fizika Nebesnykh Tel, 12 (5), 55-62 (1996) [in Russian].
7. Nosov S. F. Two modes of the motion of charged particles in the magnetic dipole field. Kinematika i Fizika Nebesnykh Tel, 15 (3), 273 - 281 (1999) [in Russian].
8. Störmer C. Aurora problem, 110 p. (Moscow, Leningrad, 1933) [in Russian].