Doppler radio sounding of the ionosphere as a means of monitoring the state of space weather
|1Kostrov, LS, 1Rozumenko, VT, 1Tyrnov, OF, 2Chernogor, LF |
1V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, Kharkiv, Ukraine
2V.N. Karazin National University of Kharkiv, Kharkiv, Ukraine
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 2002, 8 ;(Supplement2):144-151|
|Publication Language: Russian|
Using the Doppler radar (2.8–3.5 MHz) in 1995–2002. observations were made of the processes in the middle ionosphere (100–300 km) caused by variations in the state of space weather. It is established that the variations of the Doppler spectra (DS) are very diverse. A classification of DS types and variations in the average frequency of the spectrum is given. The frequencies of occurrence of these species are estimated. The characteristic daily and seasonal variations of DS are described. The estimated correlations connecting the parameters of the DS with the parameters of the ionosphere are given. According to the observations obtained estimates of the parameters of the environment.
1. Davies K. Ionospheric Radio, XX, 580 p. (Peter Peregrinus Ltd., London, 1990).
2. Chernogor L. F., Garmash K. P., Kostrov L. S., et al. Perturbations in the ionosphere following U. S. powerful space vehicle launching. Radio Physics and Radio Astronomy, 3 (2), 181-190 (1998).
3. Garmash K. P., Kostrov L. S., Rozumenko V. T., et al. Global ionospheric disturbances caused by a rocket launch against a background of a magnetic storm. Geomagnetizm i Aeronomiia, 39 (1), 72 - 78 (1999) [in Russian].
4. Garmash K. P., Rozumenko V. T., Tyrnov O. F., et al. Radiophysical Studies of the Processes in the Near-Earth Plasma Disturbed by High-Energy Sources. Pt. I; Pt. II. Zarubezhnaya radioelektronika. Uspekhi sovremennoi radioelektroniki, No. 7, 3 - 15; No. 8, 3 - 19 (1999) [in Russian].
5. Chernogor L. F., Kostrov L. S., Rozumenko V. T. HF Doppler probing the disturbances originating in the ionosphere from natural and anthropogenic sources. VIIth International Conf. on Mathematical Methods in Electromagnetic Theory: Proceedings, vol. 2, 652-654 (Kharkov, Ukraine, 2000).
6. Kostrov L. S., Rozumenko V. T., Chernogor L. F. HF Doppler Radar Observations of the Bottomside Ionosphere Perturbed by Natural Disturbances. Radio Physics and Radio Astronomy, 4 (3), 209-226 (1999) [in Russian].