Method for forest state classification with the use of aerospace images based on data fusion method
|1Lyalko, VI, 1Popov, MO, 2Petrochenko, OYu., 2Ryabokonenko, OD, 1Sakhatsky, OI, 2Kharechko, OG |
1State institution «Scientific Centre for Aerospace Research of the Earth of the Institute of Geological Sciences of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine», Kyiv, Ukraine
2Ukrainian Center for Land and Resources Management, Kyiv, Ukraine
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 2003, 9 ;(5-6):168-173|
|Publication Language: Ukrainian|
An approach to forest state classification on the basis of multi-spectral space images is considered. The approach is based on the data fusion method and synergism principle. The program application of the approach involves geoinformation technologies. A classification algorithm based on a proposed criterion of the information content of spectral bands is developed. Some results of experimental investigations of the metod proposed are presented.
|Keywords: aerospace images, data fusion method, forest state classification|
1. Bugayevsky L. M., Tsvetkov V. Ya. Geographic information systems, 214 p. (Zlatoust, Moscow, 2000) [in Russian].
2. Kronberg P. Remote study of the Earth: Fundamentals and methods of remote research in geology, Transl. from Germ., 343 p. (Mir, Moscow, 1988) [in Russian].
3. Popov M. O. Present-day views on the interpretation of RSE data. Kosm. nauka tehnol., 8 (2-3), 110—115 (2002) [in Ukrainian].
4. Popov M. O., Ryabokonenko O. D., Petrochenko O. Yu. An Approach to Classify the State of Forest Resources by Multispectral Images Based on Data Fusion Principle and Application of GIS Technologies. Scientific Notes of Taurida National V.I. Vernadsky University, Ser. Geography, 16 (55), No. 2, 142—150 (2003) [in Ukrainian].
5. Ebeling W., Engel A., Feistel R. Physics of Evolution Processes, 326 p. (Jeditorial URSS, Moscow, 2001) [in Russian].
6. Campbel J. B. Introduction to Remote Sensing, 2nd ed., 622 p. (Taylor and Francis, London, 1996).